Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Byting down......hard.

Coming soon on Byte Down


It's been an exciting couple of days since I've launched Byte Down. My mind has been spinning with all of the things that I eventually want to do with this blog.

First and foremost, I want to increase my exposure and readership. This is why I chose to host the blog on Blogger, a Google owned blog storage service. Google reaches just about everyone and they're only going to get bigger, so I figured it's a no-brainer. However, I can publish here for years, but no one is going to care or read any of it if I don't go out to grab readers and drag them here. So I have to rely on the word of mouth of my readers. So I'm counting on you to whore me out to your friends who may be interested in the things I write about.

Second, I want to create themed entries, like you might find in a special column in the newspaper. One that I already have worked out is called Byte Sides. In it, I will play both sides of a debate and let the readers decide the winner.

I'm also looking to add some other contributers to the blog. There are subject areas of which I do not consider myself the strongest source of knowledge, but would still love to include in the blog. For instance, theatrical movie releases. I do not go to the theater, so I can't really write about the latest movie releases. There are also gadgets that just aren't in my budget to buy and there are some that I simply don't want. If you are reading this and think you'd like to contribute something, please shoot me an email (found on the bottom of the site).

Eventually, I would love to host a podcast with a Byte Down related theme. I already have the necessary equipment, I just need to get the fan base to make it worth everyone's time. I would also REALLY like a co-host.

And finally, Byte Down will eventually become it's own website. Right now, it exists only as a blog with a blogspot.com domain. After I can say that it's truly worth the time and money, I'll purchase the domain and hosting space.

So that's about it. Pretty ambitious, considering the wealth of similar sites that handle material of this nature. But I figure that I have something to offer that the others don't: a mind that won't shut up. I've got all the content in the world, as the world is constantly spitting it at me. I've simply taken it upon myself to make it not so boring.

Thanks for your support now and in the future. It's going to be an interesting trip. Grab your ankles and Byte Down.



Bill Harris
Editor in Chief

1 comment:

  1. Bill! I like your blog. It's very popular with the morbidly obese, criminally insane circle (of one) I run with.

    I'm rubbing my nipples as I type this.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in!

Attempt to be civilized in your comments. Refrain from bashing, spamming, propagandizing, and all the other stuff that makes everyone hate the internet. Rights to moderate comments have been reserved.